Angela
What do I really want to do? Who do I want to be? I have not really thought about this before. I have been living in the shadows of others. I have not been making my own honest decisions. It is time to start knowing myself more (my thoughts and wants).

When I was in primary school, every year my class teacher would ask me : what is your ambition?
I would answer : a doctor(1st choice), teacher (2nd choice), lawyer (3rd choice)....
How can that be? Doctor????I'm afraid of blood. Teacher? I wouldn't have the patience. Lawyer? I can't even finish a law degree due to short term memory lost. haha! I'm bad at memorizing.

Year after year in school, my friends and I gave the same answers....but we all turned out to be different persons now. We are not doctors, teachers or lawyers...though some of my friends do have their LAW degree.....and some are REAL doctors.

I on the other hand graduated with a degree in communications - a 3 year course to get me to "communicate" better =.=
All in all, I did enjoy the course....much hardships, tears as well as frustrations.....but in the end I turned out fine. I learned a lot about life through my years in uni. Love, friendship, trust, hardwork and most importantly I understood the meaning of the word "interest".

To be interested in something is easy..to lose interest in that something is even easier. Without interest, we will not be able to do something well. Be it a relationship, friendship or even your job. In order to make something work we must firstly have that interest blazing inside us not just a day, a month or a year. It has to be ongoing.

When I was in high school, I was more interested in guiding than books (honest truth). Looking back, I will not want to change a thing. It was the time spent building bamboo gadgets, starting fire using twigs, getting smashed by eggs and writing logbooks that made me who I am today. Those were good old days. Friendships were established. Patience were tested. This is what I call character building. It is either you get the good side of it or the bad. I didn't turn out too bad eh?haha!

Anyway, as I journeyed along....I met new people in life....and they made me see things which I have not seen. I discovered that I love weddings. I don't just love the ceremony. I love the dresses. Love the flowers. Love the cakes. Love everything that makes a "wedding".

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People come and go. Some may stay in our lives for a short while, some a while longer..and some will never leave. It doesn't matter how long they stay but it is the impact that they leave behind as well as the impact you leave in their lives.

In the beginning, I thought my obsession over weddings was just a phase. Now, I am sure it is not. Because even after all the trials I've been through for the past one year, I still am very interested in wedding planning.

I am 23. Still young but not too young. I will stay focus and go towards my interest so that I will live a life worth living. Keeping my fingers crossed ;p
0 Responses

Post a Comment