Angela
When I was little, I was so eager to grow up. Now, I am an adult but I wish I will not grow older. How ironic. Growing up is unavoidable but growing up means so much more than just growing up physically. I have experienced ups and downs in the recent years. All these eventually helped me in my growing up process.

I have been working for the past 2 and a half years now and I have come to learn that working life is not easy at all. Now, I can truly say that I appreciate all the hard work my parents have been doing for our family. It is my turn to work for the family.

Growing up needs a lot of courage. For me, growing up is a choice. We can always choose to live in our world and never grow up. I have chosen to grow up, to face the challenges and to be able to look back and say, "Phew, I have gone through that". It is a nice feeling, to be precise -bittersweet. Some has come into my life to help me grow. They come and they leave. Some will always remain and to grow old together. I am thankful for this journey of life. To be able to learn to love, to accept loss, to forgive and to love again. 

Again and again, I always wonder why is love so important in our lives? Will we die without love? Yes! We may not die physically but spiritually we are dead without love. In this process of growing up, I have learn to love, to love like how Christ did. I am still trying each day to love my neighbours as myself but trust me, it is not easy. It is not easy to be patient with those who always try their hardest to test your patience but yes I will keep on trying.

Here is my favourite hymn which has helped me in my process of growing :

Thank you, Lord,
for the trials that come my way.
In that way I can grow each day
as I let you lead,
And thank you, Lord,
for the patience those trials bring.
In that process of growing,
I can learn to care.

But it goes against the way
I am to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.

'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting
can be easily ignored.

I thank you, Lord,
for the victory that growing brings.
In surrender of everything
life is so worth while.
And I thank you, Lord,
that when everything's put in place,
out in front I can see your face,
and it's there you belong.
0 Responses

Post a Comment